Sunday, December 12, 2010
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Originally uploaded by sdchimblo
One of my goals this summer was to update my work wardrobe into wearable, but stylish pieces. I teach first grade, which means that my students can be icky at times and in other times, come at me with markers.
This came from Meg McElwee's Sew Liberated book. When this book came in the mail, I immediately chose this project. Knit skirts, or yoga skirts, are super easy to make. Measure your waist, cut the skirt out at a diagonal, sew and you're done.
What makes this skirt go from "drab to fab" is the reverse applique. That takes a bit of a leap of faith for me. i've appliqued, but not like this. In fact, I messed up. Below is what happens when you get in a hurry and don't make sure that your fabric is in the right place BEFORE you sew:
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Friday, June 18, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
- I exercised 6 out of 7 days. I mixed it up with walking and running, but did a minimal of 30 minutes per day.
- I drastically cut down on the junk food. If I ate something sugary sweet, it was a bite and that was all.
- I made one of my meals a fruit/veggie smoothie in some way. You can google "raw food" and will find lots of information out there. Right now with the weather being so wintry, I can only do one meal as a smoothie.
- I logged what I ate daily using SparkPeople on my phone.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
One for Miss Ava and one for her cousin Bella, who at this moment, is snowed in New Jersey. They probably have dug out of it by now, being that the east coast is used to that kind of weather.Valentine's Day also brought, if early and FIRST, some wonderful blush roses brought by my partner in crime, Rich. Work has been albeit interesting lately, and he is so thoughtful. We celebrated Valentine's Day with some excellent steak (and butter sauce) Thursday.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Hi from snowy Tulsa. My 8 year old is wishing for another snow day and at the moment, I'm about 50/50 at the possibility. The roads outside the neighborhood are clear, but the neighborhoods are pretty icy. This has given me plenty opportunity to think about how THE PLAN is taking shape for 2010.
- A co-worker returns February 4th and I'm going to focus this month on remaining positive and secure in my other relationships that I've built while she was gone.
- Money-wise, my goal was to keep my credit card statement under $1000. Although that did not happen (read: snow/ice storm and poor planning) I'm going to work on that for the month of February.
- Knitting-wise, my goal is to knit a pair of socks per month, which I did thank you very much. I'm already planning some February socks and here are January's:
- On the marriage side, I'm going to find a place to wear those sexy-mama shoes I bought at Ross a few weeks ago. Aren't these full of the AWESOME?