Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Love Your Stash in 2010

Well for the first half of today I have cleaned/straightened the kids' bathroom, my bathroom, the kitchen drawers and cabinets and while I was doing that I thought about my plan for 2010. So here are my crafting goals for 2010:

1. Finish quilts. I have 4 quilts on my shelf in one stage of "almost finished" or another.

2. Knit a pair of socks a month, either for myself or someone. I can't believe I have enough yarn for 12 pairs of socks. I have some great sock patterns too, and a book I haven't even tried on knitting 2 socks at one time.

3. Work on my first embroidery project designed by myself. My great aunt, Mimi, had an embroidered cross-stitch sampler in her kitchen that read, "No matter where I serve my guests, they always like my kitchen best." It was so true of her! Whenever we visited, we would sit for hours in her kitchen just talking about family stories. Sometimes, this happened at 5 o'clock in the morning too, as she and Pop got up for breakfast (an a cigarette, lots of them) at that time. i have so many great memories of her and want to preserve them by hanging the same saying in my own kitchen.

4. Catch up on scrapbooking. I need to make some decisions about whether 2010 will be my last year of traditional scrapbooking or not. Although I love to scrapbook, the digital versions are so much easier and they cost less in time and money. And, that would clear off a large part of the craft closet.

All of these resolutions will help me really start to work on my craft stash. Eventually, I will need to make more decisions about the kind of fiber I want to work with as an artist because Ava will need her closet more and more as she grows up.

What are your crafting resolutions for 2010??

1 comment:

seussgirl said...

Hmm, I should set some of those. Considering I still haven't finished the alphabet x-stitch quilt I started, um, 10 or so years ago (I am on "Z", but haven't thought of piecing them together yet), I am obviously not setting any speed records. Maybe I'll try to find a small project and set that as a finished goal for the year. Or maybe I'll just vow to finish "Z." :)

Good luck!