Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Where's Your Skinny Pictures?

me and Vincent in 2006

Can't find your skinny pictures? You have 2 choices:

1. Give up and continue eating in your same pattern, hoping for different results.
2. Get going and start eating/exercising for living and make some more skinny pictures!

So, I was looking for some inspiration pictures for my fridge and phone and could not find them anywhere. I think they were taken pre-digital camera. I know that I was my fittest when I ran a 1/2 marathon with my sis-in-law Teal.

So I have recommitted to eating better even more. Here's what i've been doing this week:

1. Eating raw or juicing for at least one meal and snacks.
2. Drinking my weight in ounces of water minimally daily.

People who are involved with the whole raw food movement are so very helpful in getting newbies started. I found Penni Shelton of Real Food Tulsa last summer and signed up to be one of her guinea pigs for this book that she was writing. So for 10 weeks I focused on eating mostly raw fruit/veggies and dairy. At the end of the 10 weeks, I lost about 6 pounds, even with not going completely raw for the 10 weeks. In those weeks, I tried raw milk and cheese, a little drink called Kombucha, ate many fruits and veggies and had a much tighter, flatter stomach. Going through the 10 weeks helped me get back to eating real food again and helped me tame the sugar beast again.

Her book, Raw Food Cleanse: Restore Health and Lose Weight by Eating Delicious, All-Natural Foods - Instead of Starving Yourself, is a great introduction and testimony to how changing your eating habits, even a little bit, can help you become a healthier you. It's available per Amazon. She also has a network devoted to the raw food lifestyle, if you are interested.

1 comment:

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

I know Teal has photos - I've seen them! YOU are doing great and I am interested in the raw food thing. I have a friend who is really committed to that and she loves it. I especially interested n how to do it while cooking for a family.