Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Slubby Scarf - a Recipe


Three words: It is HOT!

But that's not preventing me from doing a little knitting with my handspun. Teal gave me the batting 2 years ago after she went to the amazing Southeastern Animal and Fiber Fair. Drop-spindle spinning takes a long time. A very long time, but it's so worth it.

This pattern is a recipe, which means that it's a simple idea, but can be easily adapted based on yarn yardage, personal tastes, etc.

You will need:
approximately 6 oz handspun.
Size 15 needles

My scarf measured about 5.5" X 72"

Recipe:
1. Cast on 14 stitches with handspun. Knit 6 rows.
2. . *K1, YO to end.
3. Knit, dropping all YO as you go.
4. Knit one row.

**Repeat from * twice more. You should have 3 dropped stitch sections.

Then knit 4 rows garter stitch with your Spud & Chloe Outer. Cut your ends, pick up the handspun and repeat.

I ended mine with 6 rows of Spud and Chloe Outer, largely because I was running out of yarn. Also, I chose not to weave in my ends too much. I think it adds to the charm.

Now, if it would just get a little cooler.....

No comments: