Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Are You Hooking?


I have a love/hate relationship with crochet. My sister Jill taught me a couple of years ago. After a million tries to just single crochet, I figured it out. Her words?

"Don't quit your day job, Sarah. I think knitting is your thing."

Flash forward and I think I have the basics - single crochet, double crochet, yarn over. But give me a pattern? Puhleeze. I'm ripping back at least 5 times. I think that crocheters, or hookers as they like to be called, have an crazy ability to "see" their pattern. As a knitter, I really rely on the pattern directions to the letter. When you crochet you have to "see" where you are going as you are going there.

So here is my latest crochet obsession: Queen Anne's Lace. It's a free pattern on K2togonline. The yarn is a silk/cotton blend Debbie Bliss Stella in this really awesome orange, only 2 skeins.
Hmm, i thought, what else do I have in my stash that would make an excellent scarf? What about a webby black Rowan cotton?

Very dramatic, don't you think?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah. Those weren't my EXACT words. I love you and now you have conquered crochet too!! :) I need to come to Tulsa very very soon. Miss you and I need to knit more often. Love you sis!

Anonymous said...

It really looks so amazing. It could be my most favorite of all your stuff. although I do love your quilts You're so awesome!