Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Yarny Goodness

So I've been stash-enhancing a little bit. I went to this yarn estate sale and this is what I bought:

Now, some is for my little sister Jill and some for my big sister Teal. It was CRAZY going to this lady's house and finding it full of yarn, basically from top to bottom. Her home was about 900 square feet and it was full! All kind of textures, brands, content. I bought some thick/thin rayon/cotton and mostly green or purple silk. Some of it is silk blends. But silk yarn at $1.75/pound is amazing.

Working on an extra long garter stitch scarf for the fall. And then Janine recommended that I make a "whisper" sweater out of the green silk. It's a vine-stitch pattern and then you add ribbing. I need to ravelry it so I can see gauge, etc.

I went to Fiber Christmas in July in Kellyville, OK. The same yarn lady was there and so were tons of batts and fibers of all sorts. For volunteering some of my little bags, the coordinator gave me some of her batts:

Since it was cash or check only, I had a bit of problem buying anything. But Janine to the rescue! In exchange for making her a project bag, she bought two of the things I was eyeing:
The batting on the right is a wool/mohair blend in hot pink/orange/yellow. The drop spindle basically is the same colorway and so light. My complaint about the homemade one is that it's sort of heavy.

Here's hoping that I'll get some laundry folded and then I can try out the new spindle. Going to go catch Ava!

No comments: