Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Mitered Square Quilt


This mitered square quilt comes from an idea in my head when I saw mitered square patterns in knitting and quilting. I'm super proud of it because it is my own idea all the way through. I collected the stripes for a year or so. I learned quickly that in order for the squares to work, you must have a reasonably repeated stripe fabric.

For the quilting I used a variegated perle cotton and just meandered around in curvy lines. The binding is going to be a orange dot print. For good measure, I intend on quilting around the squares in black if I get to it before school starts.

I did have a bit of trouble with the borders. The top and bottom are wavy and I'm not sure why. It may be that I pulled too much on the fabric as I was sewing. I've thought about ripping it back and I'm still thinking. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have not patience for ripping back for knitting or ripping seams for sewing. It annoys me.


No comments: