Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sewing From Within the Stash

I get so many compliments from this GREAT project bag wherever my crafting adventures take me. It has two front pockets, button closure, and is extra roomy inside. When I took it to my monthly spinning group, my friends told me they had "bag envy." I said, "Thanks, I made it myself. No big deal."

 

Really, the bag is a secret up-cycling project. I sewed a pocket on the front of an old conference bag that had potential to be something better. After disclosing this, I told them that I could try to reproduce it. After measuring, cutting and sewing (and ripping back a few times), this is what I came up with:
 

It's the same bag with room for improvements: inside pockets. Seriously though, a few years ago I was obsessed with sewing bags. I made so many I swear that my family was planning an intervention. It's nice to know that I can still whip those things out pretty quickly. And now, without buying a pattern!

 

No comments: