Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Turning Clothes into Quilts?


Lately, I've been working on memory quilts. Memory quilts are handmade quilts made a special someone's clothes. My most favorite, of course, use baby clothes. I've made simply designed quilts with a border around all the 5" clothes squares.

Bethany from Vermillion Rules posted another idea for these kinds of quilts.  You follow the baby clothes squares with a border of solid flannel squares, like this:



I've also heard of moms taking bibs or burp clothes and adding that to the fabric mix. Either way, you are cutting some of the clutter in your house, but still keeping some of those favorite outfits from your sweet one. 

The same idea can be applied to special t-shirts. Maybe you know someone who is in sports who has accumulated TONS of shirts that he can't get rid of.  Turn them into a awesome quilt:


I can help you turn those upcycle those shirts into something useful! Email me for more details!


No comments: