Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011: What I Sewed


Last week, I taught school for 1 day. Yes, 1 day. Then we had a record-shattering snowfall here Tulsa.

14 inches of snow.

That is enough snow to shut a Tulsa down for a while. So, with the 4 snow days that followed (and there is still question as to IF school will resume Monday) I sewed. And sewed and sewed.

So first, I made 3 baby quilt tops. Using Aimee Ray's pattern, I made 2 blue and 1 pink quilt top.
My plan is to embroider them with the nursery theme. I'm planning presents for 4 babies this spring.

Also, I embroidered the onesies that have been sitting in my craft closet with more art inspired by Aimee Ray.
I have both of her books. I love how she has simple projects and simple motifs that are so pretty when stitched. Also, you can combine several designs to make a picture for a quilt, blanket, etc. Here's the link to her stitch along that just finished up last week.

Next up is a zippered wristlet. Last year, I learned how to sew a simple zippered pouch. The wristlet is just a handle attached - I found several tutorials and then took some of the design elements from them to create my own. Here's the tutorials:

They have 2 little pockets on the inside for cards, keys or a phone.
I made progress on another baby blanket for one of those spring babies:
The pattern is Open Work Baby Blanket by Trudi Brown. It is an easy, 3 row pattern repeat. Of course, I'll be working on this tonight while watching the Super Bowl.

And guess what? School just called and there's no school tomorrow!

1 comment:

Teal Marie Chimblo Fyrberg said...

Amazing! You are the power house mamma!